The Ebsco databases include the main healthcare databases Cinahl, Medline and PsychInfo. Keele students can download the Ebsco databases app so that you can search on the go.
To get instructions and links relevant for the app:
- Go to your subject page on the Health Library website, eg Nursing Databases, Midwifery Databases or Medical Databases
- Click the link for the Ebsco database you usually use eg Medline or Cinahl (note that it doesn’t matter which and the app allows you to search multiple databases)
- Login using the Shibboleth login option if prompted, entering your Keele University computer username and password when needed.
- Go to the bottom of the page and click the link “iphone and android apps”
- This asks you to enter your email address. Enter your Keele email address and instructions will be sent to you.
Then on your mobile device:
- Go to your email and open the email. Follow the instructions it contains to:
- Install the relevant app (iphone or android)
- Click the link in the email to the authentication key (note that this will expire within 24hrs so plan to do all this at the same time).
Then you should be set up to go.
You can use the app to perform searches, save searches, save articles and read articles (where we have access to the full-text in Ebsco).
There is more help on the Ebsco website.