If you are embarking on an elective in the coming weeks, to ensure you do not incur any fines it is advisable to return your books to the library before starting your placement.
Students are welcome to
continue to borrow items, but please be aware that normal requirements
to renew items, normal loan periods, and the possibility that items will
be recalled or fines incurred for late return/renewal, will still
Wednesday, August 27, 2014
ThomsonReuters have released a number of resources relating to the ebola virus:
Thursday, August 14, 2014
What is this?
This is a username / password that you use to access the electronic online resources that we subscribe to for you.
What can I access with this?
You can access resources such as ebooks, ejournals and databases. You can find out more about the resources via our short Introduction to NHS Health Library Resources etutorial.
Who can apply for an NHS Athens account?
If you work for an NHS trust you can apply for an NHS Athens account. You will then be able to access the resources that your trust subscribes to.
How can I get an NHS Athens username / password?You need to register online for your NHS Athens username / password. For more help see our Athens page and check out our etutorial NHS Athens Registration for step-by-step instructions.
Thursday, August 07, 2014
Find out in 5 minutes what resources the Health Library can offer you and how you can access them – try our new etutorial Introduction to NHS Health Library Resources.
|Screen-shot of the etutorial|
Wednesday, August 06, 2014
You can browse all the latest titles added to the catalogue in the past month. Here is a selection of new titles.
New books include:
- ABC of dementia / edited by Bernie Coope, Felicity A. Richards
- Catheterization and interventional cardiology in adult patients / edited by Petr Widimsky, Harry Suryapranata, Alec Vahanian, Jozef Masura
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease / edited by Peter J. Barnes
- Clinical judgement and decision-making for nursing students / Mooi Standing
- Clinical leadership from A to Z / Dickon Weir-Hughes
- Complications in regional anesthesia and pain medicine / edited by Joseph M. Neal, James P. Rathmell
- Engagement and therapeutic communication in mental health nursing / edited by Sandra Walker
- Neuroimaging of sleep and sleep disorders / edited by Eric Nofzinger, Pierre Maquet, Michael J. Thorpy
- Palliative and end of life care in nursing / Jane Nicol and Brian Nyatanga
- Stahl's essential psychopharmacology : the prescriber's guide / Stephen M. Stahl editorial assistant, Meghan M. Grady with illustrations by Nancy Muntner
- Stories of children's pain : linking evidence to practice / Bernie Carter, Joan Simons
- The Oxford handbook of infant, child, and adolescent sleep and behavior / edited by Amy R. Wolfson, Hawley Montgomery-Downs
New eBooks include:
- A pocket guide to risk assessment and management in mental health / Chris Hart
- Core clinical cases in obstetrics and gynaecology / Gary Mires, Khalid S. Khan, Janesh K. Gupta
- Getting ready for your nursing degree : the studySMART guide to learning at university / Victoria Boyd, Stephanie McKendry
- Greenspan's basic and clinical endocrinology / editors, David G. Gardner, Dolores Shoback
- Labour midwifery skills / Alison Edwards
- Oxford textbook of old age psychiatry / edited by Tom Dening and Alan Thomas
- Recognising the acutely ill child / Elizabeth Charnock, Angela Lee, Amanda Miller
- Sleep disorders / Sue Wilson and David J. Nutt
- Student nurse health promotion survival guide / Dominic Upton
- Student nurse infection control survival guide / Barbara Smith
Check the catalogue for the full collection.
Monday, August 04, 2014
Here is our quick 4 minute Finding Resources etutorial to help you get started with our main resources. You will be introduced to our catalogue, to help you find books, as well the main places to look online to access our eresources.