We subscribe to a wide range of ejournal titles for our NHS members. To check whether you have full-text access please check the NHS A-Z List. You’ll need to log in with your NHS Athens username to see the titles specific for your organisation.
Then enter the Journal title that you are looking for and click the Search button.
The search results may be confusing; there may be several entries for a single title. This indicates that the title is available from multiple sources but the availability covers a range of issues, volumes and years. This happens because we buy subscriptions from different providers in an effort to get the best deal for you.
In the example below I have searched for New England Journal of Medicine:
- The results presented will depend on your NHS organisation - your results may be different from mine.
- The entry from the Proquest Hospital Premium Collection has an embargo of 90 days. So you’ll not be able to get the most recent issues of the journal here but coverage goes back to 1980. Click the link to go to the journal page on the Proquest website.
- The entry for the Ovid collection does not have an end date so this is our current subscription, where access starts from 1990. Click the link to go to the journal page on the Ovid website.
- Note that we don’t subscribe to the publisher of the journal (the Massachusetts Medical Society) so you wouldn’t get access from the publisher’s site.
- We then have 2 entries denoting that the journal is available in our print collections, at both LERC (Stafford, County) and the Health Library (Royal Stoke). The holdings available are listed.