Keele Libraries subscribe to the Medline database. It contains the details of thousands of articles including subject terms and abstracts as well as bibliographic details such as author, journal title and date of publication. You can search across thousands of medical-based journals for the subjects that you are interested in.
There are lots of features to help you to focus your search, including:
- MeSH terms – medical subject headings
- Patient focus limits like patient age or gender
- Date limit feature to limit to the date range that you need
- Publication type selection – for example so that you can concentrate on reviews, controlled trials or case reports and so on
- Search history to allow you to view your previous searches
- Search combinations to combine your searches using AND or OR to increase the focus of your search or expand your search to include more elements
You can also save your searches or email results to friends or fellow students.
You can link to Medline via our Medical Databases page. Keele users will need their Keele computer username and password to access Medline off-campus.
We have an online guide to help you get started or you can book on our Literature Searching course for more help.
Our information skills etutorial Find the Information will help you to develop the skills to use databases more effectively.