From January 23rd-29th Macmillan Cancer Support will be promoting an event to get people talking about cancer. Many people find it hard to talk to their family about the emotional effects of cancer, but this support can be vital in helping fight the disease. And it’s not just families that can help. There are experts, doctors and a whole community of people online going through the same thing there to listen. Cancer Talk Week aims to highlight these available resources and offer patients and their loved ones the support they need.
For anyone studying cancer and its effects, the Health Library offers numerous resources related to the subject. In the lists below you’ll find our most popular items, information on materials recently added to our collection and available periodicals. To locate these items simply go to our online catalogue or ask at the counter.
M O S T P O P U L A R
- Palliative care consultations in advancedbreast cancer / edited by Sara Booth.
- The biology of cancer / by Robert Allan Weinberg
- Cancer nursing: care in context / edited by Jessica Corner and Christopher Bailey
N E W T O S T O C K
- Breast cancer nursing care and management / edited by Victoria Harmer, 2011
- Nutrition and cancer / edited by Clare Shaw, 2011
P E R I O D I C A L S
- Journal of the National Cancer Institute, Oxford University Press.
- British journal of cancer, Nature Publishing Group
For more information on go to www.macmillan.org.uk