12th - 18th June 2016
By 2035 it is estimated that the number of people living with diabetes will rise to 535 million. Over the last two years it has led to the deaths of between 1.5 and 5.1 million people world-wide. Diabetes UK aims to care for, connect with and campaign on behalf of all people affected by and at risk of diabetes, reaching people with diabetes in local communities across the UK. This year Diabetes Awareness Week’s theme is Setting the Record Straight and it is seeking stories from individuals living with diabetes. In doing so its goal is to raise awareness of the disease among the population of the UK in order to prevent its increase.
For further information please see:
Health Library resources
For anyone interested in diabetes and the management of diabetes, the Health Library offers numerous resources related to the subject. In the lists below you’ll find various books that are available in our collection and a number of periodicals. To locate these items simply go to our online catalogue or ask at the counter.
- Handbook of diabetes / Rudy Bilous, Richard Donnelly, 4th edition, 2010. Print & e-book.
- Oxford textbook of endocrinology and diabetes / edited by John A.H. Wass and Paul M. Stewart, 2nd edition, 2009. Print & e-book.
- Care of people with diabetes: a manual of nursing practice / Trisha Dunning, 4th edition, 2014
- The hands-on guide to diabetes care in hospital / David Levy, 2016.
- Diabetes care: a practical manual / Rowan Hillson, 2015
- ABC of diabetes / Tim Holt, Sudhesh Kumar, 7th edition, 2015
- Evidence-based management of diabetes / by Jiten Vora & John Buse, 2012
- Practical diabetes, Chichester: John Wiley. [Available as: print journal 2011 onwards and Keele e-journal 2000 onwards]
- Diabetes care, Alexandria: American Diabetes Association [Available as: print journal 1989 onwards, Keele e-journal 2000 onwards with 6 month embargo and as a NHS e-journal 1978 onwards]
- Diabetes, Alexandria: American Diabetes Association [Available as a print journal 1989-2012, Keele e-journal 2000 onwards (6 months embargo) and as a NHS e-journal 2000 onwards (3 months embargo)]
- Clinical diabetes, American Diabetes Association [Available as: Keele e-journal 2000 onwards with 6 month embargo and as a NHS e-journal 1998 onwards]
- International Diabetes Nursing, Taylor & Francis [Available as: Keele e-journal 2015 onwards and as a NHS e-journal 2015 onwards (12 months embargo)]
- Journal of Diabetes Research, Hindawi Publishing Corporation [Keele e-journal 2013 onwards; also Open Access journal]
Access more journals via our Journals webpage: http://www.keele.ac.uk/healthlibrary/find/journals/