Here is a selection of new titles added to the catalogue this month. Browse all the latest titles here or check out the “New Books” display in the library.
New books include:
- Being mortal : illness, medicine and what matters in the end / Atul Gawande.
- Diagnostic imaging of child abuse / Paul K. Kleinman.
- Dorland's dictionary of medical acronyms & abbreviations / Jablonski.
- Essential geriatrics / Henry Woodford foreword by James George.
- Health care professionalism at a glance / Jill Thistlethwaite and Judy McKimm.
- Obsessive-compulsive and related disorders / Dr Samar Reghunandanan, Dr Naomi Fineberg, Dr Dan Stein.
- Orthopaedic biomechanics made easy / Shahbaz S. Malik, Sheraz S. Malik.
- Physical aspects of care : nutritional, dermatologic, neurologic, and other symptoms / edited by Judith A. Paice.
- Reflections on Community Psychiatric Nursing / Tony Gillam.
- Standards and ethics for counselling in action / Tim Bond.
- Succeeding as a hospital doctor : the experts share their secrets / Roger Kirby and Tony Mundy.
- The necessity of informal learning / edited by Frank Coffield.
New eBooks include:
- Access to communication: developing the basic communication with people who have severe learning difficulties / Melanie Nind and Dave Hewett.
- An introduction to research for midwives / Colin Rees.
- Care planning in children and young people's nursing / edited by Doris Corkin, Sonya Clarke, Lorna Liggett.
- Fundamentals of children's anatomy and physiology: a textbook for nursing and healthcare students / edited by Ian Peate and Elizabeth Gormley-Fleming.
- Interpersonal relationships: professional communication skills for nurses / Elizabeth Arnold, Kathleen Underman Boggs.
- Leadership for person-centred dementia care / Buz Loveday.
- Managing long term conditions and chronic illness in primary care: a guide to good practice / Judith Carrier.
- Nursing diagnosis handbook: an evidence-based guide to planning care / Betty J. Ackley, Gail B. Ladwig.
- Physical health and well-being in mental health nursing: clinical skills for practice / Michael Nash.
- Prescribing scenarios at a glance / Emma Baker, Daniel Burrage, Dagan Lonsdale, Andrew Hitchings.