December 1st is World AIDS Day, an international campaign aimed at raising awareness of HIV. Between 1981 and 2007 more than 25 million people have died from the virus worldwide and currently more than 90,000 people live with HIV in the UK. The day offers an opportunity to learn more about the facts, the methods of prevention, as well as helping remove the stigma and discrimination associated with HIV.
Here at the Health Library we have numerous resources related to the subject. In the lists below you’ll find our most popular items, information on materials recently added to our collection and periodicals related to AIDS and HIV. To locate these items simply go to our online catalogue or ask at the counter.
M O S T P O P U L A R
- Drugs in HIV and AIDS / by Adrian Palfreeman et al, 1998
- Joint ILO/WHO guidelines on health services and HIV/AIDS / World Health Organization, 2005
- HIV/AIDS and the older adult / edited by Kathleen M. Nokes, 1996
N E W T O S T O C K
- AIDS: science and society / by Hung Y. Fan et al, 2011
- ABC of HIV and AIDS / edited by Michael W Adler, 2010
P E R I O D I C A L S
- AIDS Care / Basingstoke: Carfax Publishing Ltd.
- AIDS & Hepatitis Digest / London: Royal Society of Medicine Press
For more information on World AIDS Day go to www.worldaidsday.org