14th June – 20th June 2015
By 2035 it is estimated that the number of people living with diabetes will rise to 535 million. Over the last two years it has led to the deaths of between 1.5 and 5.1 million people world-wide. Diabetes UK is the UK’s leading diabetes charity and aims to care for, connect with and campaign on behalf of all people affected by and at risk of diabetes, reaching people with diabetes in local communities across the UK. This year Diabetes Awareness Week falls between the 14th and 20th June, its goal is to raise awareness of the disease among the population of the UK in order to prevent its increase.
For further information please see: http://www.diabetes.org.uk/http://www.diabetes.org.uk/Get_involved/Diabetes-Week/
RELATED HEALTH LIBRARY RESOURCES
For anyone interested in diabetes and the management of diabetes, the Health Library offers numerous resources related to the subject. In the lists below you’ll find various books that are available in our collection and a number of periodicals. To locate these items simply go to our online catalogue or ask at the counter.
NEW STOCK & MOST BORROWED ITEMS
- Handbook of diabetes / Rudy Bilous, Richard Donnelly, 2010, 4th ed., Wiley-Blackwell
- Oxford textbook of endocrinology and diabetes / edited by John A.H. Wass and Paul M. Stewart, 2011, 2nd ed., Oxford University Press.
- Care of people with diabetes: a manual of nursing practice / Trisha Dunning, 2014, 4th ed, Wiley.
- Psychosocial aspects of diabetes: children, adolescents and their families / edited by Deborah Christie and Clarissa Martin, 2012, Radcliffe.
- Diabetes care: a practical manual / Rowan Hillson, 2015, 2nd ed., Oxford University Press.
- Diabetes for nurses / by Lynne Jerreat with a contribution from Cathy Parker, 2003, 2nd ed. Whurr Publishers
- ABC of diabetes / by Peter J. Watkins, 2003, 5th ed. BMJ Books/.
- Practical diabetes, Chichester: John Wiley. [Available as a print journal 2011: vol. 28(5) onwards. Also available as a Keele ejournal 2000 onwards.]
- Diabetes care, Alexandria: American Diabetes Association. [Available as a print journal 1989: vol. 12 onwards. Also available as a Keele ejournal 2000 onwards and as a NHS ejournal 1995 onwards.]
- Clinical Medical Insights: Endocrinology and Diabetes, Auckland: Libertas Academica. [Available as a Keele ejournal 2009 onwards and as a NHS ejournal 2008 onwards.]
- Journal of Diabetes and Metabolic Disorders, BMC Journals. [Available as a NHS ejournal 2012 onwards.]
- Journal of Diabetes Research, Hindawi Publishing Corporation, [Available as a Keele ejournal 2013 onwards and as a NHS ejournal 2013 onwards.]
Access more journals via our Journals webpage: http://www.keele.ac.uk/healthlibrary/find/journals/
‘Diabetes’ current awareness page http://www.netvibes.com/healthlibrary_northstaffs#Diabetes_%5BNHS%5D