19th November 2014
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder or COPD, is a term that encompasses a number of differing conditions such as emphysema and chronic bronchitis. It is one of the most common respiratory diseases and at present is thought there are as many as three million people living with the disease in the UK.
World COPD Day is annual event that is organised by the Global Initiative for Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease (GOLD). Its goal is to raise awareness and care for those suffering from COPD. This year’s theme is ‘It’s Not Too Late’
For further information please see: http://www.goldcopd.org/wcd-home.html
RELATED HEALTH LIBRARY RESOURCES
For anyone interested in COPD, the Health Library offers numerous resources related to the subject. In the lists below you’ll find a snapshot of various books that are available in our collection and a number of periodicals. To locate these items simply go to our online catalogue or ask at the counter.
- Managing COPD / Richard E.K. Russell
- The management of COPD in primary and secondary care: an introduction / edited by Dave Lynes
- European respiratory Journal, Sheffield: ERS [Available as a print journal 1988: vol 1-]
- Respiratory medicine, London: Elsevier [Available as a print journal 1988-2010, online from 2010]
- American journal of respiratory and critical care medicine, New York: American Thoracic Society [Available as a print journal 1994: vol 149-]
More journals are available via our Journals webpage at http://www.keele.ac.uk/healthlibrary/find/journals/