In recent weeks it has been reported that there has been a resurgence of diseases once thought to be almost eliminated. European Immunisation Week promotes the core message that immunisation of every child is vital to prevent diseases and protect life. The slogan ‘Prevent. Protect. Immunize’ carries this message across the WHO European Region. The goal of European Immunization Week is to increase vaccination coverage by raising awareness of the importance of immunisation. It is a vital regional initiative, led and coordinated by the WHO Regional Office for Europe.
For further information please see:
RELATED HEALTH LIBRARY RESOURCES
For anyone interested in immunisation and vaccines, the Health Library offers numerous resources related to the subject. In the lists below you’ll find various books that are available in our collection and a number of periodicals. To locate these items simply go to our online catalogue or ask at the counter.
THE IMMUNE SYSTEM AND IMMUNISATION
- Janeway’s Immunobiology / by Kenneth Murphy
- How the Immune System Works / by Lauren Sompayrac
- Immunity: the immune response in infectious and inflammatory disease / by Anthony L. DeFranco
- Vaccine: the controversial story of medicine’s greatest lifesaver /by Arthur Allen
- Journal of Immunology, American Society of Immunologists. [Available as a print journal 1986 onwards]
- Annual review of Immunology, Annual Reviews Inc. [Available as a print journal 1995-2012, also available online]
- Immunology Today, Elsevier. [Available as a print journal 1995-2000]