March 2014 is Prostate Cancer Awareness Month, a nation-wide campaign to raise the awareness of a disease that kills one man every hour.
The Prostate Cancer Charity has now become Prostate Cancer UK and continues to work hard to help more men survive prostate cancer and enjoy a better life. They made this change to raise their voice, raise their game and reach more men. Find out more at http://prostatecanceruk.org
RELATED HEALTH LIBRARY RESOURCES
For anyone studying cancer and its effects, the Health Library offers numerous resources related to the subject. In the lists below you’ll find our most popular items, information on materials recently added to our collection and available periodicals. To locate these items simply go to our online catalogue or ask at the counter.
M O S T P O P U L A R
- Cancer: the misguided cell/ by David M. Prescott et al.
- The biology of cancer / by Robert Allan Weinberg
- Cancer chemotherapy : a nursing process approach / by Margaret Barton-Burke
N E W T O S T O C K
- Strong opioids and the relief of cancer pain: information for patients, families and friends / Palliative Care Formulary
- Journal of the National Cancer Institute, Oxford University Press [available as a print journal and online journal. NHS online journal is 1996 onwards only].
- British journal of cancer, Nature Publishing Group [available as a print journal and online journal].
- International Journal of Cancer Research, Recent Science [available as a Keele online journal, 2007 onwards]
- BMC Cancer, Biomed Central [available as online journal 2001 onwards].