Are you looking for systematic Reviews, technology assessments or economic evaluations?
You can use the Centre for Reviews and Dissemination to search across a number of different databases:
- DARE – Database of Abstracts of Reviews of Effects – for reviews of healthcare interventions and implementations.
- NHS EED – NHS Economic Evaluation Database – for studies relating to economic evaluation of interventions.
- HTA – Health Technology Assessments – for information relating to health technology.
You can run a quick search from the home page using simple keywords or click the Search menu option for more advanced search options such as combining search terms, using a thesaurus and limiting your search.
The CRD record will often include:
- CRD summary
- Authors’ objectives and conclusions
- Search strategy
- Assessment of how the study was carried out
- Review Results
- Potential Implications
- Link to the original article
You may not get access to the full-text of all articles. You will need to check the reference and see whether we have the journal title on our journal lists.
This is a useful resource to help you to find good quality information. The CRD reviews help you to understand the important elements to look for when selecting your own information sources.