World Osteoporosis Day is observed annually on 20 October, and launches a year-long campaign dedicated to raising global awareness of the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of osteoporosis and metabolic bone disease. Organized by the International Osteoporosis Foundation (IOF) every year, World Osteoporosis Day involves campaigns by national osteoporosis patient societies from around the world with activities in over 90 countries.
International Osteoporosis Foundation, World Osteoporosis Day, http://www.worldosteoporosisday.org/
For any one interested in learning more about osteoporosis, here at the Health Library we have numerous resources related to the subject.
In the lists below you’ll find both our most popular items and information on materials recently added to our collection. To find these books simply click on the title and follow the link to our online catalogue.
M O S T P O P U L A R
- Osteoporosis / by Anthony D. Woolf
- Osteoporosis / by Juliet E. Compston, Clifford J. Rosen
- Osteoporosis new perspectives on causes, prevention and treatment / edited by Julie Compston
- Osteoporosis: prevention, management, treatment / by Harris H. Mcllwain
N E W T O S T O C K
- Accidents, falls, fractures and osteoporosis: a strategy for primary care groups and local health groups / National Osteoporosis Society
- The Sheffield Protocol for the Management of the Menopause and the Prevention and Treatment of Osteoporosis / Osteoporosis 2000
For more information about World Osteoporosis Day go to http://www.worldosteoporosisday.org/ or for further details about our stock please visit the Health Library